Saturday, June 21, 2008

Running?

Is that what I planned on doing last week?? Last week was a baaaaaaad running and overall fitness week for me. I only went to the gym 2X, ran once, and wakeboarded 2X. Actually, I probably shouldn't have gone twice, but how can one resist the invite to hit the wake! Each run on the water leaves me feeling like I just ran quarters anyway, so maybe it wasn't all that bad.

I also spent two full days with windshield time, driving to the Bay Area for some business meetings. Afterall, I still work and need to fund the running shoe and athletic wear fix that I share with my entire family! My one run of the week was to the rental car place, which was only about 3.3 miles from the house. I covered it in about 25 minutes or so, it was just a nice little cruiser.

My body was stiff! It takes about a full mile at least for my body to relax and get that nice running tempo. But until that magical moment of fluidity hits, it feels like I am running on two axes and I am just chopping the ground. Not sure if anyone else feels that way. Literally, that first mile I always ask...what are you doing out here today!! You feel like crappola! BUT I know that all will be fine after that first 7-8 minutes. I am thinking about riding my spin bike for ten minutes before I run just so I can get loose.

Totally non-running related...this just in, my youngest daughter, who is 8yrs old, just one the "Little Miss" Queen of Placer County at the Placer County Fair. She was so excited, and she obviously really likes it. We are all very proud of her and I'll post some pics after I download them. It's pretty cool to see how different her and her sister are but how they both totally support each other.

Make all your days great running or fitness days! I'll be starting up the running program very soon aiming for the sub-3 finish at the CIM. I just need to make sure that I choose to run once or twice instead of wakeboarding!! That's gonna be hard!

One last thing, I read this proverb in the bible, Proverbs 16:3 "Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed." To me, this couldn't be written/spoken any more simply. It covers all aspects and challenges in life and running doesn't it? Amen I say to you!

No comments: