Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Just running





The running is going very well...thank you God! I hammered out an almost 21-miler last Sunday. I averaged 8:05 splits in hills which I am happy about. My first run after the long run on Sunday was Tuesday. It was supposed to be an easy-paced run of 7 miles, no faster than 8:08. I felt great and decided to play with the gas peddle a little bit. I averaged 6:51 splits. Yowza. I was very surprised especially considering that I ran 21 miles only two days before.

I've got two more 20+ milers before the CIM and God willing I will remain healthy.

Speaking of healthy, I'm not sure how many check this blog...likely only a few, but if you do happen to stumble upon it, please say a little prayer for my sister Glorybelle. Nothing major...just a little prayer on having her ankle heal quickly so she can get back on the road. While I am at it, add a little prayer for my other sister Maxe who just moved from the house she "thought" she sold, only for the buyer to back out! Maxe, we pray for you often, just wanted you to know!!

Just for fun, a group of friends of ours asked Kendra and I to partake in a Nike+ running challenge. We both said, "Sure, why not..." knowing that we'd be ramping mileage for the CIM. Anyway...it's been fun especially seeing the reactions of the group when they see these double digit runs downloading into the challenge log. It's pretty close so far. The challenge ends on November 10th.

Also mostly everyone that ran the San Jose RnR Half with us have signed up to run the CIM. Some are splitting the marathon (relay) and others are running the full. I am very excited to see how our friends have taken to running in road races! They really enjoyed the RnR and I have no doubt that they will enjoy the CIM.

Here are some of my goofy pics from the RnR. As I finished the race I leaned at the "tape" in honor of Usain Bolt. As GB said it, I am a "Goofball!" No lying there.

Enjoy, run strong and may God give you the strength to take another step!

2 comments:

GB said...

Dude, you're a running machine! I'm so glad you're healthy again.

I've been running, just not 70+ mile weeks like I had been. My last long run was a good one, 18 miles at 7:45/mile average. Did 8 x 1Ks the other day at 3:55-4:00/ 1K. Felt great both days.

It's the slow running that seems to hurt and aggravate stuff. Ugh!

I'm just taking it one day at a time and when I run, one step at a time. Asking God to let me know how to proceed.

I'm contemplating getting the surgery right after the CIM, that way I can recover for a while (minimum 6 weeks) and then start w/ rehabilitation and then slowly start back to base building again. My future dreams and goals are still there! :) If God says it's a go, it's a go. If not, I'm good with that!

If there is one thing that has completely improved since I've been running less mileage, it's the time I spend with the family. Talk about special!

Okay bro, thanks for the prayers! Keep up the great running. You're gonna eat up that road at the CIM!

The Filmmakers said...

I know CIM is getting close. Just know that Kev and I are praying for your strength! Sounds like you are more than prepared. Kick some Cendana booty!