Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I don't get them or they don't get me...

I am 42 years old and although I am not perfect, I love the gifts that God has bestowed. I can run and jump with my track athletes even though it may take a few days to recover. I often wonder why or how I find running, sprinting and jumping so much fun. And then I ask, doesn't everyone think it is fun? This is what I don't get. How can a person not find human movement so intriguing? Have you ever seen a picture of a long or triple jumper in mid-flight? It is incredibly beautiful. Or the feeling of running effortlessly? No time or distance goal, just the thrill of running. How can someone not love this feeling? Human power defined, no tools or gimmicks. It's beauty in motion. I'm not talking world record motion, just your personal best motion. I think in those times of motion and fluidity, God speaks to us in the silence of repetition, foot placement after foot placement. For me, it's peaceful and fierce altogether. Creating power to the ground with each foot strike is artistry. I'm not sure why I feel this way, but I love that I do and thank God each time I strap on my shoes. IF you are the least bit intrigued by this, then I'm glad that I can share it with you. If you are not, you don't know what you are missing and I encourage you to take one step at a time and listen to what God says to you in-between your stride. You'll connect with yourself, the earth and Spirit like never before. Amen!

1 comment:

GB said...

Wait a minute... you're 42?

Just teasing you. I agree w/ your blog entry and need to get my butt off the couch. Once I'm out there moving, life just seems better.