Thursday, September 18, 2008

It's feeling nice outside

The weather outside is the reason why I call NorCal home. It's a beautiful 68 degrees and it's just shy of noon. Love it. Needless to say, it's the perfect weather for a run.

After traveling for business last week, I was able to get somewhat back in the groove of things. Last Sunday, I enjoyed a 16-miler. The first 6.4 miles @ 7:48 splits; next 7.5 miles @ 7:25 splits; last 2.1 miles @ recovery 8+ min. splits.

I ran 5 this morning...You know, I love the Nike +...but that darn thing is not accurate. It was off by 1/4 of a mile, which in a short 3-miler is a big deal. So here is how it truly went...
M1 - warm up at 8:11 pace
M2, 3, 4 - Tempo at 6:33 pace
M 5+ - cool down at 8:50 pace.

I am so thankful to God for my health and that my body is holding up. I must give proper respect to my foam roller. Without that thing, I would be very sore after each and every run. Kendra also showed me a better way to roll my IT band...First off, rolling that band freakin' hurts! But it feels so good afterward. My quads are so tight...the roller has helped immensely and I would recommend that everyone try it.

I've got the San Jose Half coming up and if things go well, I will hopefully be finishing in around 1:30. Stay healthy and happy everyone! And by the way, great job to all my friends on Facebook that have been increasing their running!!

2 comments:

GB said...

Hey Lee! Keep rolling. Roll everyday! And stretch. Don't underestimate the power of flexibility for us runners. You're running awesome! I'm so glad you and Ki are doing San Jose. It's a super fast course and very flat. Plus it's lined with my cop friends. ;)

I'll be working the runningskirts.com booth on Saturday and then staying overnight. I hope to see you guys before the race! Definitely after. I know you're going to run great there. Keep the faith.

209Mike said...

Nice work Lee. Wish I could join you for that race. However, I just know I'll be hungover on that day (family wedding night before). 1:30 should be yours with no problem.