Thursday, September 4, 2008

Renewed!

Battling of achilles bursitis, somewhat in check. Thankfully it is not bugging me like before. That was big worry for me, but so far so good.

After all the weeks/months of just running to log those miles, this week is my first week of targeted marathon training, and so far so good.

I ran 10.5 mi. earlier this week and avg. 8:13 splits. This was after the first 3.1 a 9:02 pace. The last 7.4 were at 7:52 splits.

I ran 5 miles this morning:
Mile 1 - warm up @ 9:10 split;
Miles 2-4 @ tempo in 20:07, 6:42 splits, needed to be at 6:54 splits, a little too fast;
Mile 5 - cool down 9:22 split.

I felt great, hopefull that'll continue. Hope everyone else is doing great!

2 comments:

209Mike said...

Nice work. Sounds like you're right back on track. It's gonna be a good battle between you and your sister.

GB said...

Sweet run, Lee! Stay on top of your home rehab of your achilles and I'm sure you will be just fine! I expect you to finish either before me or right there with me at the CIM! ;) At the very least, I know you're going to qualify for Boston. That is a race you HAVE to do!