Friday, August 17, 2007

Oh to be young again...



I just had to add this...my daughters were amped up for tonight's premier of High School Musical 2 on The Disney Channel. Sad to say, I never saw the first one. Oh well...I am still trying to understand the mass hysteria?!?!? But, if it is important to them, I must respect it. They definitely enjoyed it. Here are my daughters:)

I went wakeboarding again last night on the river. I finally jumped wake to wake. Not that that means anything to you, but it is a small accomplishment for me. I still can't get over how sore you get with this sport. Throw together the wakeboard stance for 6-7 runs, balancing on the water at 19 miles hour while you cut back and forth, battling the wake of the boat and other boats passing by, jumping the darn thing...and the fact that I joined my class in doing air squats (3 sets X 30 seconds) and box jumps (3X30) along with other numerous fun stuff...my legs feel like I ran a half marathon. I guess one can suffice it to say that yesterday was a cross training day...or at least that is what I'll keep telling myself:D

Crazy enough thing, I didn't drink my coffee today and in addition to staying regular without caffeine (HAHA) I felt great today without it. I didn't realize how mellow I normally am!

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Wish me luck as I have to referee three soccer games tomorrow. I hope I don't upset too many of those crazy soccer parents;)

2 comments:

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

I am still trying to understand the mass hysteria?!?!?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ya I am trying to figure that out too-lolol cute kids, they looking speedy like ur Big Sis :-)

great job on the wake board & those friggin Air Squats are a good burn...added them about 3 months ago, it gets easier...ok not really, they suck--haha

Good luck with reffing those soccer games.

F. Lee said...

Thanks Bob. Yah, you know those squats get you when you still feel sore in the glute 3 days later!