Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Yada yada yada

That's kind of how the last few days have been. I've been slammed with family obligations so I haven't been able to get the type of workouts in that I would like. I feel bad for Kendra too because she actually has a race upcoming and her running sched has been spotty. It's only a 1/2 marathon and she has a very strong base already so she should be fine.

So yesterday I had 30 minutes to get a run in while the kids were at soccer practice. I made the most of it and did 3.4 miles of all hills. I covered it in just over 25 minutes and burned almost 500 calories. My pace was 7:44/mile. After that I ran some 50 meter sprints x6. I was FRIED when done.

Tonight I taught my sports conditioning class. My sister turned me on to CrossFit. It was the first time I have seen their site and low and behold I do a lot of similar moves in my speed training sessions and my sports conditioning class. I must have some fitness similarities with the folks that started CrossFit. Their site is awesome, www.crossfit.com, and I can't wait to dive deeper into it. My class killed it tonight. I took some things from my speed training and also some new moves I found on the net. The best compliment I got tonight was from a physical therapist who takes my class. She asked me if I was a PT because of the terminology I use and the way I approach the workout! I was flattered. She was surprised that I am an insurance broker.

In health.

4 comments:

GB said...

You rock!!! Great hilly run, bro. Keep it up. I KNOW Ki will do awesome at the half. She's a tough cookie and in great shape.

I love CrossFit! I'm serious, I cannot tell you how much it has helped my running. I think part of the reason I was able to finish strong in Boston was because of my core strength. Amazing stuff. I always talk to Mike about opening a CF gym here in the valley, but that takes some bucks. For now it'll have to be a dream.

You should see about becoming an affiliate of theirs, and get your website linked to theirs and vice versa. You can even call your training business CrossFit if you affiliate.

A lot of military, cops and firefighters use their workouts. In fact, see Shari Keener's blog regarding their recent trip to train guys trying out for the Navy SEALS. www.sharikeener.blogspot.com

Tom@RunnersLounge said...

Nice compliment from the PT that you can use the terminology and teach with it.

Fun to see you two siblings so enthused.

Ms Eva said...

Welcome aboard! :)

F. Lee said...

Thanks for the comments. My sister is great isn't she! She is such a great inspiration and an even more awesome supporter.

It is great to see how her friends, far and near, mirror that. I'm looking forward to this blogging world!!