Monday, May 26, 2008

Just catching up!

You gotta love weekends when you originally had plans, only for them to fall through and you end up just totally relaxing. This has been a major decompress 3-day weekend. The weather wasn't the hottest, even a little rain...but we spent time with great friends and that is all that really matters.

Last Friday I got a new tattoo across my upper back, the picture was just after it was finished, thus all the red skin. It's healing nicely. I love the fact that I am now carrying the cross on my back! He keeps me strong.


Last week was a good running week for me. I did a 10k in 47 minutes and then added a track workout a few days later. The track workout was a lot of fun because it brought back all sorts of old memories from when I ran track at Fresno State! I ran eight 400s with 60 seconds rest in between. Here are the splits.
#1 1:19
#2 1:22
#3 1:23
#4 1:26
#5 1:28
#6 1:25
#7 1:24
#8 1:22

I was thankful that I was able to stay pretty consistent and that the wheels did not come flying off the last two!

After the quarters, I ran ten 30yd hill repeats. The grade was probably right around 30 degrees. I was tapped when done and very happy to be finished!!

Today, being Memorial Day, Kendra and I ran the 7.4 mile loop. I was thinking I was going to do it 2X but decided not too, wasn't feeling it. We had a very mellow and enjoyable run nonetheless. It was a perfect way to celebrate our loved ones who are now in a better place:)

Keep on churnin'!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your tattoo looks like Jesse's wrist. :-) It's nice.

F. Lee said...

It is like Jesse's, I just enlarged the cross and put a dash of color.

209Mike said...

sweet tat! Now update your damn blog so I can see how a sub 3-hr marathoner trains.