Friday, May 9, 2008

Minor run

So this morning I was thinking that I would run a little 5 miler. Well at about the 2/3 mark, this cyclist passes me and I tell myself, if he goes straight (up the 333ft hill; 250 net gain) I will go straight too, and add another 1.2 to my run...thinking I would run a 10k then. He goes straight and I tell myself, "The decision is made, HAMMER TIME!" I felt great hitting this hill. The total length is almost a half mile. It's a nice easy downhill to the end. I thought I was running a 10K, but it ended up just a bit short. I was a little peeved. Oh well.

Time: 44:30
Distance: 5.93
Splits: 7:30
Multiple rollers, but highest climb: 250 ft.
Calories burned: 798! Not bad for 45 minutes of work.

To see the elevation gain, you'll have to click "full-screen mode" on the bottom.



My heel is bothering me a little bit. It's the very back end of the heel. It feels tender, like a bruise, but nothing is there. It's been that way for about a month. Any ideas??

It's nice to be able run again in my town as opposed to trying to run in LA. I'll tell you what though, I would love to attack some of those Hollywood Hills just behind UCLA. Next time I'm there, I will definitely.

1 comment:

GB said...

What kind of arch do you have and what kind of shoes do you wear? Just curious as to why your heel is hurting.